Year 2 Teacher: Ms Rebecca Walker
Support Staff: Geraldina Dias
Please click on the Curriculum Link at the bottom of the page to find out what we will be working on this term.
Welcome to Year 2
We firmly believe that children learn best when they are able to make connections in their learning. Each term we will be looking at a theme which will encompass many curriculum/subject areas; the themes chosen are those which we feel will captivate the children’s interest and their enthusiasm for learning. We believe that children learn best when they are actively involved.
"Learning by doing" makes the work more interesting, more meaningful and more likely to make sense and be remembered. Problem-solving and investigations are both important for primary school children. This kind of learning helps children think more clearly, raise questions, try out ideas and to record their findings.
In Year Two you will be expected to:-
- Arrive in school on time
- Be kind to each other
- Remember that it’s always okay to ask for help
- Work with greater independence
- Look after our school
- Use your manners and be polite
- Put your homework in the tray when you have completed it
- Help keep the classroom tidy by putting your personal belongings on your peg or in your drawer
- Remember that PE days are Mondays and Dance on Thursdays
- Always follow class and school rules
We have enjoyed learning all about the Titanic
Meet the Crew
You may have heard of the famous RMS Titanic luxury ship which sadly sank after hitting an iceberg on April 15, 1912 on her very first voyage ever.