Medical Diet Request Process
The process for requesting a medical diet for your child has now been digitalised. The following points explain the new process.
- If your child requires a medical diet due to a food allergy, food intolerance or a medical condition that requires an adapted menu (e.g. carbohydrate count for Type 1 Diabetes), please follow this link to request a medical diet: https://orders.lunchhound.co.uk/medicaldiets/request
- Fill in the form ensuring all data fields are completed. Before you complete the form, you will need to know the postcode of your child’s school. You will also need to upload a recent photograph of your child.
- You will need to provide medical evidence in the form of a letter from a GP, paediatrician, or dietitian if your child has allergies that fall outside of the top 14 allergens or, if your child has a medical condition requiring an adapted menu. For further guidance on completing the online form, please see the attached user guide.
- After you have clicked the ‘submit’ button, the system will send you an automated email containing a link which you must click on to verify your email address.
- Once you have verified your email address, the system will notify your child’s school of your request and will ask them to confirm your child’s details. After the school have approved the request, we will send you another notification email to inform you that your request has been sent to our dietitians for processing. You will then receive a confirmation email when the request has been processed by our dietitians. The school office will be provided with a copy of your child’s medical diet menu within 2 weeks of your initial request, which they will pass on to you.
For further support, please refer to the Parent User Guide -